- Hitting Made Simple strongly recommends that you consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program. You should be in good physical condition and be able to participate in the exercise.
- Hitting Made Simple strongly recommends workouts be performed with supervision from an adult, and whenever possible, use guidance from a professional trainer.
- Start with very light weights (or no weight) and focus on perfecting the movements before adding additional weight.
- It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to have proper form before trying to go to a heavier weight!
- Dumbbells & Kettlebells:
- Shoulder exercises should be done with EXTREMELY LIGHT weight like 1-3 lbs, a plyo ball a can also be used or they can be done with no weight.
- Squats and lunges can be done with heavier weights once movement is correct. Anywhere from 5-25 lbs will likely be enough for athletes below the age of 13. Athletes above age 13 may be able to perform with significantly heavier weights.
- Medballs: 2-4 lbs (one arm exercises), 4-6 lbs (two arm exercises)
- Resistance Bands: Ultra-light – Light
Always wait until your breathing has returned to a state of control before beginning your next set of exercise. You should have enough control of your breath to carry on a conversation prior to beginning the next set. This should take roughly 30-60 seconds depending on the exercise.